What is a cookie?
A cookie It is a text file harmless which is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of cookie It is that the web is able to remember your visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know the cookies They have been in use for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
The cookies They not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. Data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as an individual if not your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Cookies Technical: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies Analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation being done, the sections most used, consulted products, time period of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies own and those of others?
The own cookies They are generated by the page you're visiting and third They are generated by services or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What if I turn off the cookies?
To understand the scope that may have disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access this area staff web, such as My account, O My profile O My orders.
- online stores: it will be impossible to make purchases online, will have to be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- Not possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue from the web.
Can I remove cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies a website must go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
configuration cookies polulares for more browsers
Here's how to access a cookie specific browser Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears above right.
- See different sections, click option Show Advanced Options.
- Go to Privacy, Configuring Content.
- Select All cookies and data sites.
- a list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find cookies enter a particular domain or part of the address field Search cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines appear on the screen cookies Site requested. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
To access settings cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to options O preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option accept cookiesYou can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access settings cookies browser Safari para OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to preferences, then Privacy.
- Here you will see the option block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access settings cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & SecurityYou will see the option block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then settings.
- Go to Security and PrivacyYou will see the option accept cookies to enable or disable the box.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Abra Internet Explorer, then Plus, then Configuration
- Now you can enable or disable the box allow cookies.